[Type C]-12Vin170Vout-HV12W-HIGH VOLTAGE NIXIE POWER SUPPLY MODULE
DANGER! Lethal Potentials Present
THIS MODULE CONTAINS DANGEROUS, HIGH VOLTAGE POTENTIALS. USE CAUTION.
DO NOT TOUCH ANY PART OF THE MODULE WHEN IT IS WORKING.
Newly designed,up to 92%(Max) high efficiency DC-DC converter for big tubes NIXIE clock.
When under 12V in for driving 6-tube IN_18 clock,you get almost no heat.
Max power output is 12W, enought for lighting up over 12PCS IN-18 NIXIE tubes together still with up to ~89% efficiency.
Product Change Notification :
1. This is a newly designed high voltage power converters;Can accept 5~12V DC in,and output ~170 DC;
2. Have increased the frequency up to about 200kHz to get more noiseless output;
3. High quality transformer on-board to low down the noise;
4. It contains an ENABLE pin to turn the convert on/off,and can be controlled by an regular logic signal,like a MCU's GPIO PIN.
5. Module contains input reverse polarity protection and short protection circuit via current limiting.
6. No audible noise;
7. Standard 0.1"(2.54mm) pins, easy to be used, can use DuPont-Wires etc.
1.Please control the input current in <=1A for the low heat working state,if need more power output,you can increase the input voltage;
2.Please use high quality and stable input DC source,make sure the max input voltage is not over the max range;
3.We recommend using 12V as input;If using 5Vin,the module is still in working,but with low power output (<4W).
4.Do not go over power/Heat/voltage/current, will damage the MOSFET or IC or Transformer on board.
For driving NIXIE Tubes and other applications which requir high DC voltage.
(For reference only)
Input: 5~12V DC;
Output: ~170V DC
Max Power Output: 12W;(For working under 10W for 24*7 condition,the module get low heat.)
Max efficiency: 92.6%;
Module size: 21mm(L)*21mm(W)*10.5mm(H)---(16mm(H) including the pins);
Module Pins : 0.1"(2.54mm) std. pins * 5;
PCB Color : Black;
Simple test by myself:
By using a KTEC 12V/1.5A AC Power Adapter which is for my WD USB HARD DRIVER,and driving a regular FSL 15W 220V~240V E14 light bulb(which I bought for my refrigerator early),the results shown below:
Output Voltage:169.5V with the light bulb turned on;
Output Current: 52mA;
Power output: 8.8W;
No audible noise;